- BA Psychology (1996, University of British Columbia)
- MSc Health Studies (2002, University of Waterloo)
- PhD Psychology (2005, University of Waterloo)
Office: Department of Health Studies and Gerontology; Propel Centre for Population Health Impact LHN 1723
Telephone: (519) 888-4567 ext. 36462
Health behaviour, health policy, and research design.
Population Health, tobacco control, risk communication, health policy evaluation, and smoking cessation.
Current Major Funding Sources
- Hammond D, Chaiton M, Lee A Collishaw N. Destroyed Documents: Uncovering the science British American Tobacco sought to conceal. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2009; Oct 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hammond D, Arnott D, Dockrell M, Lee A, McNeill A. Cigarette pack design and perceptions of risk among UK adult and youth: evidence in support of plain packaging. European Journal of Public Health 2009; Sep 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hammond D, Fong GT, Borland R, Cummings KM, McNeill A, Driezen P. Text and Graphic Warnings on Cigarette Packages: Findings from the ITC Four Country Survey. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2007; 32(3): 202-209.
- Hammond D, Collishaw N, Callard C. Tobacco industry research on smoking behaviour and product design. The Lancet 2006; 367: 781-87.
- Hammond D, Fong GT, Zanna MP, Thrasher J, Borland R. Tobacco denormalization, anti-industry beliefs and cessation among smokers from four countries. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2006; 31(3): 225-232.
- Leatherdale S, Hammond D, Kaiserman MJ, Ahmed R. Marijuana and tobacco use among young adults in Canada: are they smoking what we think they are smoking? Cancer Causes and Control 2007; 18(4): 391-7.
- Hammond D, Fong GT, Cummings KM, O’Connor RJ, Giovino GA, McNeil A. Cigarette yields and human exposure: a comparison of alternative smoking regimes. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2006; 15(8): 1495-501.
- Hammond D, Collishaw N, Callard C. Tobacco industry research on smoking behaviour and product design. The Lancet, In press.
- Harris F, Mackintosh AM, Anderson S, Hastings G, Borland R, Fong GT, Hammond D, Cummings KM. The Effects of the Advertising/Promotion Ban in the United Kingdom on Awareness of Tobacco Marketing: Findings from the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Survey. Tobacco Control, In Press.
- Hammond D, Fong GT, Cummings KM, Hyland A. Smoking Topography, Brand Switching, and Nicotine Delivery: An In Vivo trial. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, & Prevention 2005;14(6):1–6.
- Hammond D. Young Adults and Smoking Behaviour: Beyond Youth Prevention.Tobacco Control 2005; 14:181-185.
- Hammond D, Fong GT, McDonald PW, Brown KS, Cameron R. Graphic cigarette package warning labels do not lead to adverse outcomes: Evidence from Canadian smokers. American Journal of Public Health 2004; 94 (8): 1442-45.
- Hammond D, Fong GT, McDonald PW, Borland R. Do Smokers Know How to Quit? Knowledge and Adoption of Cessation Assistance in a Representative Sample of Daily Smokers. Addiction 2004; 99(8): 1042-48.