Ann McNeill has worked in the tobacco control field for 25 years. She is currently Professor of Health Policy & Promotion at the University of Nottingham and is Deputy Director of the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies. Ann has published widely on tobacco control research and policy.
- Room C111 Clinical Sciences Building
City Hospital Campus, Hucknall Road
- 0115 823 1699
- 0115 823 1946
Ann McNeill has worked in the tobacco control field for over 25 years. She is currently Deputy Director of the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies, www.ukctcs.org. Prof. McNeill has published widely on tobacco control research and policy, previously chaired WHO scientific committees and was the recipient of a WHO Europe tobacco control medal in 1998.
Tobacco control policies and their impact, harm reduction, smoking cessation, prevention, disadvantaged smokers
Prof. McNeill convenes a Health Promotion Master’s module and co-convenes two Tobacco Control Master’s modules on the MPH course. She is also supervising a number of ongoing PhD, Masters and… read more
Prof. McNeill’s main area of interest is tobacco control research and her research ranges across prevention, cessation, harm reduction and policy. She is currently managing a portfolio of applied… read more
- BORLAND, R, FONG, G T, YONG, H-H, CUMMINGS, K M, HAMMOND, D, KING, B, SIAHPUSH, M, MCNEILL, A, HASTINGS, G, O’CONNOR, R J, ELTON-MARSHALL, T and ZANNA, M P, 2008. What happened to smokers’ beliefs about light cigarettes when “light/mild” brand descriptors were banned in the UK? Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey. Tobacco Control: an international journal, 17(4), 256-62.
- HAMMOND, DAVID, REID, JESSICA L, DRIEZEN, PETE, CUMMINGS, K MICHAEL, BORLAND, RON, FONG, GEOFFREY T and MCNEILL, ANN, 2008. Smokers’ use of nicotine replacement therapy for reasons other than stopping smoking: findings from the ITC Four Country Survey. Addiction (Abingdon, England), 103(10), 1696-703.
- LEWIS, SARAH A, HAW, SALLY J and MCNEILL, ANN, 2008. The impact of the 2006 Scottish smoke-free legislation on sales of nicotine replacement therapy. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 10(12), 1789-92.
- O’CONNOR, R J, HAMMOND, D, MCNEILL, A, KING, B, KOZLOWSKI, L T, GIOVINO, G A and CUMMINGS, K M, 2008.How do different cigarette design features influence the standard tar yields of popular cigarette brands sold in different countries?. Tobacco Control: an international journal, 171, i1-5.